My Loves

My Loves

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Looking up

So this is not what this post is about but I just wanted to say that I love the movie "Frozen". It's so great! I could watch it without the kids. Plus, I feel it's so easy to relate with Queen Elsa. Of course not because of the having magical powers but for other reasons.

Anyways, moving on.
Homeschooling has been so wonderful for us. We absolutely love it. However, I feel like things keep changing which forces us to redo our schedule. Then it takes me forever to find one that works for us again. Plus, once our day doesn't fit the schedule anymore, I have a hard time getting back on track for the day. I know we could just not do anything except our schedule and say no to things but I don't like that either. I like being able to be flexible and make plans. Plus as of now, the kids are so young, that the actually learning time takes so little time.

Plus there is that feeling that I know homeschool moms all around mutually feel. The one that says "Am I doing enough"? We have a philosophy that the schoolwork is important but it's important not to overload the kids so they have a chance to develop their passions and interests. However, even with this, I can still find myself feeling like we need to add more things to our day (although I don't know where we would find the time!)

I'm sure plenty of moms feel this way and even those that don't homeschool. It's so easy to feel inadequate as a mom, especially when we compare ourselves to others.

God tells us we are uniquely made, which we all completely understand. I can even relate it to certain areas of my life. However, why is it so hard to truly know if for all of ourselves and those around us. I love the freedom of being uniquely made and figuring out what that means for me. But sometimes, when looking around it can be hard. I need to work more on spending less time looking around and more time looking up.

On to other news, I found out my good friend is pregnant. I am so excited for this! However, I'm also really sad because I also found out she's moving (in about a month). Which means I won't get to be around for all of it. Totally disappointed. Plus my son and her son are such good friends and this is our first friend move away...we will see how it goes. Hopefully, we can maintain their friendship through the miles!

And to finish off with a quote from Frozen! "Some people are worth melting for."

No comments:

Post a Comment