My Loves

My Loves

Monday, January 6, 2014

-8 degrees outside!

Even on this VERY cold day here in Missouri, I am reminded how lucky I am. The kids and I had such a great day, forgetting about the standards and opinions of the rest of the world and doing life the way we think is best. Today we made homemade donuts (doesn't get better than that!). We endured the weather and watched bubbles freeze seconds after we made them. We watched water freeze very quickly outside. We melted small pieces of crayons and watched them transform into large crayons with a new shape! We wrote letters to our friends in Peru and the Philippines. Of course we attended gymnastics and practiced Awana verses as we get ready for them to start up again in 2 days.

The 2 week break from life was wonderful and I enjoyed every bit of it. I was a little sad to return to normal life and routine. But as we are here in the middle of it, I am reminded how much I love it. We had so much fun today. I am so lucky not to be so tied down to an intense schedule that doesn't leave a lot of room for freedom and fun.

Today is a day I feel incredibly blessed with amazing family and unbelievable friends all around. I think about all the people who come through for me and support me regardless of what I'm going through. The last few weeks have been a tough few weeks for me, and I can definitely see the other side of the mountain. I have learned a lot about the people who are going to be there for me and the ones that at this time...just aren't. And I've learned to be okay with that, and to give up the things I cannot control. For me...this is a big step!

So I want to say thanks to the Lord for keeping things in line for me even when I'm walking the other way. Life is a process that is never ending. We continue to grow a little at a time. I've always been a person who needs to be in control and therefore I want to change and grow as much as I possibly can at one time so that I can say I did it and not have to worry about it anymore. And when that's not possible, I am discouraged and give up. However, I am finally feeling content in my areas of weakness and making changes one step at a time. And I couldn't have done it without all the support in my life from the great people around me.

Sorry for my rambling and random thoughts again....if you know me well...you know that's me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment